Flood Stop log
The flood stop log is composed by stackable retention logs and made of aluminium profiles. We stock four (4) different extruded profiles sizes (ref. 1603, 1604, 1606, and 1609 mm) with an increasing section that goes from 30, 60, 100 to 150 mm; so they resist to various loads. The profile selection depends on different factors e.g. the head of water, the civil works dimensions of the opening to be protected (see our utilization diagram), additional loads, such as floating part or high pressure (above 5cbm /hour) can be taken into account.
U-members and cover protections:
Logs are guided and maintained by lateral U-members, which are embedded (cast) in wall or wall mounted by bolts. We include all bolts and nuts in our delivery, which are made of stainless steel. The fixation can be also “chemical”, this should be imperative in such situations when, the supporting wall is not in a good state or when the wall is consisted of brick, loose concrete etc.
The vertical side U-members are usually and permanently fixed on the wall (for a quicker installation) but, can also be removable when required, for aesthetic reasons.
When the lateral U-members are permanently fixed in urban areas, there may be a risk of vandalism, so that in this case we provide protecting covers. Moreover, they can be painted in any colour listed on the RAL chart, that should be required architecturally.
Sealant gaskets :
All our sealant gaskets are made of extruded EPDM material, that guarantees a perfect water tightness of the flood-stoplog. They are mechanically and chemically resistant to an aggressive environment. They are easily replaceable as they are inserted inside a special profile groove which permits them to be withdrawn and replaced in case of damage.
Amount of sealant gasket: pair of “L” shape gaskets on the top of each log (special groove),
– One (1) or two (2) gaskets, according to the size of the profile, at the bottom of the profile.
– Two (2) lips-gaskets inserted in each lateral U-members.
To ensure the tightness of the flood barrier, we provide an additional pair of top vertical compression clamps. These are destined for effectively pre-compressing every seal.
Easy handling: Our clamps can be height-adjusted at any position, you do not need any special spanner, and clamps are delivered with an already-mounted screw-grip.
Shop-drawing and installation guidance:
A full set of technical details and instructions about the use and the installation, are part of our standard and basic service package.
Clear installation: After having examined all the wall surfaces and performed all modifications (masonry works) when necessary, then it follows the pre-mounting adjustment and drilling phase with the screwing of the frames using the bolts and nuts delivered with the flood barrier.
- A very low leak rate < 3 liters / hour / sqm
- Quick and easy installation : 5 mn/ sqm.
- Entirely removable/movable system
- Alloys with high mechanical resistance
- Suitable for warm or freezing regions (tested below -60°C)
- Maintenance free
- Flood protections are guaranteed for 20 years
We Master the Whole Manufacturing Process
- The entire manufactured protection is in steel or marine aluminium alloys
- We have our own engineering office with experienced staff
- We take into account ground studies to draft in collaboration with the contractor
- The goods are delievered ready-to-be installed, thanks to our millimeter and precise production.
- Thanks to our very long experience, achieved since 1970, we are able to determine and provide the best system of flood protection that is suitable to YOUR requirement!