Retention planks (logs):
The flood barrier, composed by stackable retention boards ( stoplog’s like) are made of aluminium profiles. We stock four (4) extruded distinct profiles sizes (ref. 1603, 1604, 1606, and 1609 mm) with increasing section from 30, 60, 100 to 150 mm; in order to stand various loads. The profile selected is dependent on different factors e.g. the head of water, the civil works dimensions of the opening to be protected (see our utilization diagram), additional loads, such as floating part or high pressure (above 5cbm /hour) can be taken into account depending on your specific requirements.
U-members (frame) and cover protections:
Planks are laterally guided and maintained by lateral U-members, which are embedded (cast) in wall or wall mounted by bolts. We include in our delivery all bolts and nuts, in grade AISI 36ti. Fixation can be “chemical” as well, should this be necessary in situations when the supporting wall is not in a good state or can’t be guaranteed for an accurate stress calculation by the bolt manufacturer, for example when walls consists of brick, loose concrete etc.
Usually vertical side U-members can be fixed on wall permanently (for quick installation) but also can be fixed with removable bolts when required for aesthetic reasons.
When lateral U-members are fixed permanently in urban areas, there may be a risk of vandalism, and in this situation we provide protecting covers which are also UV protected. Moreover they can be painted in any colour listed on RAL chart, should this be required architecturally.
Sealant gaskets :
All our sealant gaskets are made of extruded EPDM material, that guarantees perfect water tightness of the flood-stoplog. They are mechanically and chemically resistant to aggressive environments. They are easily replaceable as they are inserted inside special profile groove which allows them to be pulled out and replaced in case of damage.
Amount of sealant gasket: two (2) “L” shape gaskets on the top of each log (special groove),
– One (1) or two (2) gaskets, according to the size of the profile, at the bottom of the profile, are mounted on first flood element that is placed on the horizontal surface at the bottom.
– Two (2) lips-gaskets inserted in each lateral U-members, frame profile.
To ensure the tightness of the flood barrier, we provide an additional pair of top vertical compression clamps. These are deemed to effectively pre-compress every (profiles) seal.
Easy handling: Our clamps can be height-adjusted at any position, you do not need any special spanner, and clamps are delivered with an already-mounted screw-grip.
Shop-drawing and installation guidance:
Full set of technical detail and instructions on use and installation is part of our standard and basic service package.
Easy installation: After having examined out all wall surfaces and carried out all touch up (masonry works), follow the pre-mounting adjustment phase, drilling and screwing the frames with bolts and nuts delivered with the flood barrier).
- A very low leak rate < 3 liters / hour / sq.m
- Quick and easy installation : 5 mn/ sq.m. of barrier
- Entirely removable/mobile system
- High mechanical resistance alloys
- Suitable for very hot region or very cold ( tested below -60°C)
- Maintenance free
- Flood barriers guaranteed 20 years
We Master the Whole Manufacturing Process
- Entirely manufactured protection in marine aluminium alloys supplied by international Swiss aluminium extruder company
- We have our own engineering office with experience staff
- We take in account ground studies to draft in collaboration with contractor foundation to support our intermediate posts
- Goods are delievered ready-to-be installed, thanks to our millimetre precise production.
- Thanks to our very long experience, achieved since 1970, we are able to find out and provide the best flood barrier system suitable to YOUR requirement!