Integration and foundation
When the flood defense needs to be implemented on long stretches, intermediate support post-I-beams will be used. These parts are critical because they will resist most of the (water) stress which subsequently applied to the post-I-beam base. The methodology for fixing the post is crucial due to the multiplier effect of large loads applied in given situations.
Therefore anchorage of the fixation base plate or box must be sized following precise strength calculation.
Generally, the ground below flood barriers is not able to withstand the high stress lead through the barrier (metal works) to the ground through the post’s base, so a foundation with R-bars must be built to counter-balance the water pressure as, for example,, X-tons of water stress oblige to « pour » X-tons of concrete!
Each site will require a specific solution in terms of size of fixation base-plate-or box and size of foundation.
Foundation size will be determined by underground structure, depending on depth. However our long experience and collaborative efforts will assist in finding the right solution.
- A very low leak rate < 3 liters / hour / sq.m
- Quick and easy installation : 5 mn/ sq.m. of barrier
- Entirely removable/mobile system
- High mechanical resistance alloys
- Suitable for very hot region or very cold ( tested below -60°C)
- Maintenance free
- Flood barriers guaranteed 20 years
We Master the Whole Manufacturing Process
- Entirely manufactured protection in marine aluminium alloys supplied by international Swiss aluminium extruder company
- We have our own engineering office with experience staff
- We take in account ground studies to draft in collaboration with contractor foundation to support our intermediate posts
- Goods are delievered ready-to-be installed, thanks to our millimetre precise production.
- Thanks to our very long experience, achieved since 1970, we are able to find out and provide the best flood barrier system suitable to YOUR requirement!