Resistance and water tightness
Watertightness of our flood barrier.
It is based on the DIN standard 19569-4 specifying a maximum leakage rate for “damming devices” such as penstocks or valves. This standard divides these items in 5 different categories with maximum admissible leakage rates calculated “per litre per second and per meter run of sealant gaskets”.
The 5 categories of products, from the highest acceptable leak to the lowest, are as follows: Cofferdam maxi. 1.0 liter (1) stop logs 0.3 liter (2) non-return valve & weir-gate maxi. 0.1 liter (3) penstock maxi. 0.05 liter (4) and every on-demand special design items (4).
We achieved to minimize the leakage rate below 3 litres/hour/m2 of protection that is equivalent to 10x better as the class 5 of the DIN standard (test report on demand- french APAVE).
1. The geometry of the different joints has been carefully considered as they play a part in the very fine assembly tolerances ( +/- 1mm) we impose, in order to maximally reduce the risk of leaks.
2. The quality of the EPDM material and the spinning process of manufacture preserve the integrity of the sealant gaskets against:
- Unexpected and repetitive frictions
- Accidental rips (collision during handling…)
- Corrosion from contact with flood or other waters (sewage…)
- Ageing from UV rays which distorts their mechanical properties.
All our equipment is designed and manufactured according to:
- ISO EN 1090, AL76 / EUROCODE
- Method of calculation and manufacturing of aluminium metal work complice with the Unified Technical Documents and with additional regulation for Aluminium works under the standard “AL76”.
Optimal water tightness guaranteed by various tests as follows
1. They are performed in the factory, on our test bench (water reservoir) and confirmed by an official surveyor body (APAVE)
2. They are implemented on many sites (construction of a catch bassin measuring 4 x 1 x 1 m)
3. In the official laboratory next to the French C.S.T.B. (scientific and technical testing centre for concrete works) located at Marne-la-Vallée (Paris region) and on behalf of the French ministry of environment and sustainable development.
- A very low leak rate < 3 liters / hour / sq.m
- Quick and easy installation : 5 mn/ sq.m. of barrier
- Entirely removable/movable system
- Alloys with high mechanical resistance
- Suitable for warm or freezing regions (tested below -60°C)
- Maintenance free
- Flood protections are guaranteed for 20 years
We Master the Whole Manufacturing Process
- The entire manufactured protection is in steel or marine aluminium alloys
- We have our own engineering office with experienced staff
- We take into account ground studies to draft in collaboration with the contractor
- The goods are delievered ready-to-be installed, thanks to our millimeter and precise production.
- Thanks to our very long experience, achieved since 1970, we are able to determine and provide the best system of flood protection that is suitable to YOUR requirement!